Monday, July 20, 2009

On the road again...

So, I am leaving town again tomorrow for the second time this summer. In May/June, we made the 900+ mile journey to Texas to visit my family there, and tomorrow (technically today) we are heading out for Indiana. Yep, we are heading out on a 500+ mile journey to the "Heartland". Brian's parents are south of Indianapolis and still live in the same house he grew up in...how crazy is that?? Seriously, can you tell me the name of somebody you know who still lives in the same place they grew up or who's parents still live in the same place??? (Julie, you are not allowed to answer these questions, cuz we all know you are a L'ville native!) I swear, I think I have moved so many times in my life than I can count on both hands and both feet...that would be more than 20 for those of you a little slow in the math department! ;) Te-ha-giggle...

Wow, that was all a major detour from the original topic at hand...

Anyway, the kids and I are heading out to spend almost 2 weeks with the in-laws...Now, before all the moaning and groaning begins, I should elaborate on this particular journey. My Mother-in-law is absolutely one of my best friends...crazy, I know, but it is true. And, no, she did not pay me to put this in print...she's too cheap for that!! HA HA HA...Sorry, Mom, but ya know it's funny and you are laughing your a** off right now! (I better watch it...in less than 24 hours I will be within arms length to be smacked) (Ooohhh, wait a minute...you have an injured arm, so ya can't smack me...hmmmm...) LMAO

Dang, I need to stay on track here...it's a good thing I don't drive the way I post, or it would take us like 5 days to make the trip! As it is, with the luck we have, what should be about a 10 hour trip ends up being 12 or more. Why is it that the entire driving population can make a trip from Atlanta to Indy in about 10 hours or so, but it takes the Mann family 12+ hours (usually closer to 13 or 14)?? I mean, for real...it is very rare to make that journey without some sort of major drama...I am hoping tomorrow's (today's?) journey will be relatively uneventful. It would be nice to arrive while the sun still shines. Many times in the past, the hubby's reply to our arrival time would be, "There is no sunshine in the Men's john."

So, the kids are very excited about the impending visit to "Hoosierville". They really enjoy going up there during the summer, because we try to time our visit with Fair Week. They absolutely love going to the county fair up in the heartland. It is getting to be a rather tricky experience; however; because, we have one child who is big enough to ride some of the more involved rides but is too scared, and the other child has no fear but is not tall enough to meet height requirements! What the heck, man...any advice on this particular predicament???

(I am glad to know that the weather conditions look like they are going to be much more cooperative than last year. For example, I was told today's highs were not too far off what the temp here was a couple hours ago...64!!)

Before I sign off, I must put into print another rarity...(the first being that I actually love going to the in-law's house for those of you who didn't pick up on that). So, my brother spent the day looking at pyramids...Not all that weird right?? (yeah, sure if you are a math geek...) BUT, for those of you who have not followed, it is actually really weird!! My brother spent time today looking at THE pyramids...as in the ones in Egypt...ya know, outside Cairo??? Crazy, huh?? How many people can actually say that...Yes, I know, a lot of people can say that...but how many people do YOU know that can say that with all honesty?? So, he spent 14 hours on a plane to get to Cairo (where he landed and arrived safely, thank God); took a cab to visit the pyramids in Giza; he will sleep tonight (tomorrow...what exactly is the time difference between here and there??) and take a 5 hour bus ride to his camp; and then, he is going to be transported by helicopter offshore to do his job! Brother-man, I love you and am so proud of all you have accomplished!!!

3 comments:

  1. I know I'm not suppost to answer but yes my parents have always lived in the same house and I live less than a min. away and my brother lives across the street from my parents. We flew from the coupe just not that far.
    You guys have a safe trip and my kids are the same way about rides at the fair/six flags. Emily rode the scream machine last yr and Caitlin won't ride any type of coaster sml or big.
    I think your bros trip to Eygpt is awesome. Like you said how many people do you know that can say they have been to a actual pyramid - me, no one. Wish I could say I've been on adventures like that. Peace out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a safe trip. What a compliment to your in laws! You all have a good, good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for all the compliments. You know we love ya and can't wait for you to get here. Know you are on the road. HURRY UP already!!

    PS. I'm going to ignore the house thing!! :)

    ReplyDelete