Saturday, July 18, 2009

Whoever said "Out with the old, In with new" didn't belong to Facebook!!

I know, I know...they obviously did not have Facebook back then, but how the heck else am I supposed to get you to read what I have to say???

I'm sure you all have stories of being reunited with some old friend on Facebook...don't try to deny it, cuz ya know it is true!! I myself have a story of such a reunion...In January, I was reunited with a childhood friend whom I had not seen or spoken to in 25 years! Yes, that's right...25 years of no contact and we end up on Facebook together. As it turns out, she lived just a few miles from me for the first year and some change I was in Georgia. We spent time at the same park, shopped at the same store, and travelled the same roads, yet we never crossed paths. We have actually seen each other more now that she lives an hour away than we did when she was just around the corner! My Mom has even been reunited with my old friend's family as a result of the original contact.

So, tonight, I spent almost 2 hours on the phone with an old friend...a direct result of Facebook! This is a person I grew up with...a person who knows my family & friends...a person who I have shared many, many things with...a person I would trust with my life, even though I have not seen him in years...Brad, I am so glad to have finally been reunited with you!!! After 2 hours on the phone (like it was just yesterday since we spoke), I realized just how much of my life you were a part of!! I have looked and looked for you over the years, and I am so glad to have found you...or should I say, so glad you found me!!! I hope this is not one of those reunions that is all smoke and mirrors and empty promises at the beginning, because I really do believe Brad was a big part of making me who I am today!

Wow, that all seems really mushy, but I assure you all there is NOTHING to be afraid of...Ask the guy if you are concerned!!!

I gotta sign off now, but I would like to say...Brad, if you read this, I am so glad to have been reunited again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment