Friday, August 7, 2009

Gotta love technology...

So, I am sitting outside with the laptop managing my Facebook account, playing Farkle, chatting with a coworker, talking in person to the hubby, and listening to the Sirius 80's channel on our wireless speakers...

On top of all that technology, we have the sounds of Mother Nature in stereo, too...crickets, birds, frogs, the crackle of the torches, and the clink of ice against glass in our adult beverages. Okay, so the adult beverage is not necessarily a product of nature, but still part of the whole ambiance...maybe??

And, why the heck are birds up at this hour??

"Thriller" is on now, and I have the strong desire to get up and do "the dance"...ya know the zombies with the hands in the air?? Gina, you know what I'm talking about...you and your kids do it quite well!

Anyway, I think it's funny that we have the capability to do all this wireless stuff, keep up with what the neighbors are doing without looking out the window, stay on top of current events, criticize anyone and anything, and all the other stuff that happens by the second in this country...BUT (yes, I always have a "but") we can't manage our country's finances, lifestyles, borders, social programs, etc??? Anybody got any ideas on this one?

I must say that our parents always felt sorry for how tough it was for my generation to grow up in the era we did...with the drugs, drinking, sex, disease, etc. so readily available...I gotta tell ya, I would much rather my kids be drinking and having sex than running from terrorists and waiting in line for the doctor and repaying a debt they had nothing to do with...

This was once a great and powerful country, but it seems lately we are so worried about what everybody else thinks that we forget what our own citizens think. People come to this country to "live the good life". That's great, but let's not cause the rest of us to have hard times in an effort to give those people every thing their hearts desire.

Okay, I am really climbing high on the soapbox now...gonna step down, because I don't want this to turn into a political bashing blog...

And, I am gonna wrap this one up...although I have accomplished nothing...because I find it very difficult to type and maintain Facebook at the same time!! More later, I promise!!

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a good time to me...i need to get some torches like u have on ur back porch for the dang mosquitos and then maybe i could enjoy the outdoors too (maybe but doubtful) LOL

    ReplyDelete